What We Do
Every county has a Child Support Department that provides child support services on behalf of the State of California. The Kern County Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) provides a variety of child support services to custodial and noncustodial parents and helps parents fulfill their responsibilities to their children.
Services DCSS Provides:
- Establishing paternity.
- Locating a parent to establish paternity and/or child support and enforcing payment of support.
- Establishing, modifying and enforcing a court order to pay child support and family support.
- Collecting and distributing child and spousal support payments.
- Establishing and enforcing medical support (including dental and vision care).
Services DCSS Does Not Provide:
- Handling of custody or visitation matters.
- Handling of divorces.
- Obtaining or enforcing restraining orders.
- Establishment of spousal support orders.