Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT)
No more Food Stamp coupons...
No more lost or stolen checks...
- A new, easy to use card replaced Food Stamp coupons and paper checks. It's the Golden State Advantage Card, and its part of Electronic Benefit Transfer, effective 8/1/03.
- With the card and your secret code, you can access your CalFresh and cash benefits at Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) or Point of Sale (POS) devices in stores.
- It is safe, easy to use and accepted at many of the places where you shop. (see the Kern EBT Locations Report)
- EBT will not change: Direct Deposit, vendor payments or eligibility rules.
- EBT cardholders can now use EBT cards at all post offices throughout California. Cardholders can purchase money orders, purchase stamps, and get $50 cash back from the post office.