Kern County, California

General Services ♦ Parks and Recreation ♦ Buena Vista Aquatic Recreational Area


Attention: All BVARA Campers
Late Check-in
If you check into your campsite after the BVARA kiosk closes, you are required to go to the BVARA kiosk before 9am the next morning, to check in and to pay any additional fees.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Jet skis, kayaks, and pedal boats are now available for rent at Lake Webb by the hour, or all day.
Park Details

Cancelling Reservations for Individual Campsites

Note: There is a cancellation fee of $30, as well as the $8 non-refundable reservation fee. As an alternative to cancellation, you may transfer your reservation to any date up to a year in advance for just a $7 transfer fee. Transfers must be requested at least 72 hours in advance of the reservation date.
  1. Notify Parks of the cancellation.
    NOTE: The deadline to cancel reservations will be 72 hours prior to the start date of the reservation.
    • By phone: (661) 868-7000; office hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
    • By e-mail   NOTE: E-mails sent on weekends or holidays will not be processed until the next working day.
  2. Parks will confirm the cancellation (if you e-mailed them, they will reply to your e-mail).
  3. After Parks has confirmed that they received the cancellation request, to get a refund you need to:
    1. Fill out the Camping Fee Refund Application Form (PDF).
    2. Deliver the completed and signed form to Parks.
      • By mail or in person:
        Kern County Parks and Recreation
        1115 Truxtun Ave., 3rd Floor
        Bakersfield, CA 93301
      • By FAX: (661) 868-7001
  4. Refunds will be mailed within 30 days.
Cancelling Reservations for Group Campsites/Areas